How to analyse water

Drinkable water represents only 1% of the water we use at home. The remaining 99% is used for other purposes: to wash clothes and dishes, to take a shower, to clean the house. This water often contains Mineral salts causing problems to the pipes, household appliances, boilers and water heaters. If you are an installer and you want to understand how to better analyse the water, this is the right article to read.

The real problems of water in the home

The main problems of the water circulating in the domestic heating systems usually do not concern potability.  They are not always as evident as turbid water coming out of the tap.

Below are some examples of the issues that may be present:

  1. Water hardness: the supply water can contain a lot of lime-scale which ruins boilers, water heaters and the household appliances, causing losses of efficiency of up to 50%.

  2. Radiators that do not heat: high concentration of limescale, sludge and sand inside the heating system leads to the radiators not to heat up as they should, increasing energy consumption and higher bills.
  3. Reduced water flow: if the boiler exchanger is encrusted due to a high concentration of lime-scale in the water, then less hot water will flow into the shower and in other parts of the house.

How to analyse circulating water correctly?

The analysis of tap water is one of the quickest and safest methods to understand if the water needs to be filtered, softened or neutralised; in short: purified.

Without a proper and professional analysis of the water it is impossible to correct any problems in the domestic heating system, both for hot sanitary water and the heating system.

It is also important to analyse the radiator vent water to determine the quality of the water circulating inside the heating system. It is therefore necessary to analyse the water in the home with a professional water analysis kit or contacting a laboratory specialising in water analysis.

The “easy-to-use water analysis kit: including the first ID for circulating water

Having a professional kit for water analysis is essential to find out what the suspended impurities contain in the property’s water to enable you to diagnose and solve the problems that are occurring in the heating system. Manta Ecologica has created the Kit “carta dell’acqua”, including the water identity card that will give a clear indication to the final user of:

  1. the quality of the circulating water
  2. what is at risk
  3. what needs to be done

Do you want to learn more about water purification and how to use it for your business?

Subscribe to a dedicated course from the Manta Academy!

A complete solution: Manta water analysis lab

When you want to be sure of the analysis results you can rely on, the water analysis service of Manta Ecologica will perform a careful chemical-physical diagnosis of the water. The laboratory will carry out a precise test on the tap water, highlighting all problems related to its use and proposing the best solution for water purification of the heating system through focused actions and/or the installation of dedicated equipment.

Water analysis includes the following parameters:

  1. Total hardness
  2. pH
  3. Conductivity
  4. Total iron
  5. Ammonia
  6. Chlorides
  7. Nitrates

In conclusion, regardless of which tool you choose to use, remember:

  1. Always do an analysis of the water before starting;
  2. Attend the Manta Academy courses to understand how to use the equipment professionally and how to carry out the correct water purification methods.